Information about processing of personal data.
Responsible organisation and contact information
Borås Djurpark & Camping AB is the data controller for the personal data processed within the framework of our business. We care about our visitors and your privacy and commit to respecting and protecting your personal data in accordance with the applicable laws and industry standards. To help you understand how we collect and use information about you, we have compiled this information. You are always welcome to contact us with questions, concerns or inquiries pertaining to how we process your personal data.
Borås Djurpark & Camping AB
+46 (0)33-430 48 00
Information we collect
It is important to us that you know what information we collect about you and how we collect it. We may collect personal data in the following ways:
You can directly or indirectly give us information about yourself when visiting us or our website, https://www.borascamping.se referred to hereafter as “the website”.
Information we may collect in these contexts includes: your name, company name, your contact information, information required for invoicing (if relevant) and any additional information you give to us. We also collect information in conjunction with any payments and transactions, such as payment method, credit and payment card information (card number, period of validity and CVV code), invoice information, bank account number etc. depending on what is relevant.
When you use our services, it may mean, in addition to the information you provide yourself in accordance with the above, that we also collect the following information about you and your activities:
- Information about which products/services you order from us.
- Information about your computer/mobile device, such as IP address, device identifier, web browser choice, language choice, what server your device is logged in through, and operating system information.
- Information about your geographic location.
- Information about how you interact with us and use our services. For example, this could include information about response times on different pages, what content and what pages we have shown you, whether you have shown interest in any content in particular, for example by downloading material etc. We collect all of this information in order to learn more about what information is of interest to you and to improve our products and services.
Purpose and legal basis for personal data processing
The information you give to us, as well as information about which products and services you use and purchase, as well as invoicing and payment information (when relevant) is typically required in order to enter a contract with us.
In addition to the information above, we may also request some additional information that may help us make your visit to our website better, and our communication as effective as possible. For example, this could be information pertaining to your personal or professional interests/preferences, where you live and so forth. We will only collect such supplementary information to the extent that you provide it to us, i.e. with your consent.
The personal data we collect will be used in the following ways:
- To register you as a customer (when relevant).
- To share information, products or services with you that you request and order, and to facilitate invoicing.
- To optimise your experience of our website and offer better service, for example by adapting the content to your specific needs and wishes through Google Analytics and AdWords. (Note that you can choose to opt out of such personal customisation and targeted advertising at any time).
- To process job applications (when relevant).
- For marketing purposes. This may involve activities related to market surveys or various campaigns in the form of direct marketing. You can contact us at any time and request that we no longer use your information for direct marketing. Do this by clicking the unsubscribe link in our email or contact us directly by email at email@example.com. Note that your payment card information will only be used to charge for products that you have purchased from us. This information is not saved for any other purpose.
- To communicate with you, including to offer customer service, to send service messages such as notifications, confirmations and updates, and to send campaign information about new products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. We always request your consent before sending advertisements if required by law. As said, at any time, you may decline and choose not to receive advertising.
We take your privacy seriously. When you sign up for our newsletter, you can be certain that we will not share your email address with external players or anyone outside of Borås Djurpark & Camping AB. You can choose not to receive our emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in one of the emails.
How we share your personal data
Borås Djurpark & Camping AB will not pass information on to third parties without your consent, unless we are required to do so by law, or it is directly necessary in order to provide or fulfil a product or service that you have requested or ordered from us.
Transfer to a third country
We make sure to always process your personal data within the EU/EEA. If a situation should arise in which we or one of our suppliers or subcontractors must transfer personal data to a country outside of the EU/EEA, we promise to take every reasonable legal, technical and organisational measure to ensure that your personal information is processed as securely and with an adequate degree of protection that is at least in line with the applicable rules in the EU/EEA.
We will only transfer your personal data to a country, area or sector in a third country if the European Commission has decided that its protection level is sufficient.
Deletion of personal data
We will keep your personal data for 7 years or longer if rules or regulations require as much. This means that we erase customer data in our systems when you, as a customer, no longer use our services or when the personal data are no longer required for the purposes for which they were collected. If we retain your personal data for other purposes that cannot be directly connected to our agreement, such as statistics, then we never save the data for longer than directly necessary for the purpose or what is required by law.
Borås Djurpark & Camping AB protects your personal data through technical and organisational safety measures. To prevent unauthorised access to your data and to ensure that we have the correct information, only a very limited number of authorised staff have access to this personal data.
Right to a register extract
You are entitled to information from us about whether we are processing your personal data, and if so, you are also entitled to information about:
- The purpose of our processing of your personal data
- What categories of personal data we process
- What personal data we provide to third parties (recipient or recipient categories) if relevant
- How long your personal data are stored and what deletion criteria we use
- Your rights (the right to erasure, correction and limitation of your data, the right to data portability, the right to object to processing, and the right to submit a complaint to the oversight authority)
- From which sources we collect your personal data (when acquired somewhere other than directly from you)
- If your personal data are used for automated decision-making and what consequences this may have for you
If you want to request information about your personal data and/or receive a register extract with an overview of the information we have registered about you, contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be processed as soon as possible, within 30 days. It is free of cost to request and obtain a register extract. However, if you would like to request multiple copies, we retain the right to charge a reasonable administration fee. When you submit your request electronically, you will also receive a register extract back in digital form. This is done via email.
The right to correction
We are careful to ensure that all personal information stored with us is correct. If you discover that, despite this effort, our register contains incomplete or incorrect personal data about you, please notify us so that we have the opportunity to correct, complete, or remove the information.
The right to erasure
You have the right to request that we erase your personal data in some circumstances:
- When your personal data are no longer needed for the purpose for which they were collected.
- If you have revoked your consent, i.e. you no longer consent to processing (provided that the legal basis for the processing is your consent).
- If the data are used for marketing purposes
- When your right to personal privacy weighs heavier than our legitimate interest in continuing to process your personal data (provided that the legal basis for the processing is legitimate interest)
- If we have processed your personal data in such a way that is incompatible with the applicable legislation
- If the personal data have been used to offer so-called information society services to a child
We will always delete and erase personal data when required by law. See the section above about deletion of personal data as well.
If we cannot fulfil your request to be erased, we will notify you of this decision and explain why. If you would still like to try to have your information erased, the option remains to submit a complaint to the Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection, or to take your case to court.
The right to limitation
You have the right to limited processing of your personal data in some circumstances:
- For a period while we check that the data are correct after you have objected to processing or questioned the accuracy of the information.
- If the processing is illegal, and despite this, you have objected to the data being erased and have instead requested limited use of them.
- When we no longer need your personal data for the original purpose, but they need to remain in order for you to establish, assert or defend a legal claim.
If we limit the processing of your personal data in accordance with the above, we will still store the data, but will not use them other than (i) with your consent, (ii) in order to establish, assert or defend legal claims, (iii) to protect another natural person’s or legal entity’s rights, or (iv) for purposes pertaining to important public interest.
The right to data portability
When we process your personal data automatically, either with your consent as a legal basis or to fulfil a contract, you are entitled to obtain the personal data that you have submitted to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format – so-called data portability.
Right to object
If you object to the processing of your personal data, including any profiling, where the purpose is legitimate interest, we will stop processing if we cannot demonstrate an actual legitimate reason to continue. We may also continue to process your personal data if it is necessary to establish, assert or defend legal claims.
If the purpose of the processing is direct marketing, we will immediately stop processing if you so request.
Questions and complaints
We hope this information is useful for you and contributes to clarifying why and how we process your personal data. If you have questions about how we process your personal data, do not hesitate to contact us:
Borås Djurpark & Camping AB
+46 (0)33-430 48 00
You are also entitled to submit a complaint to the oversight authority regarding how we process your data.
This informational text was last updated on 8 February 2022.